Hello all,
I have installed a 3 node system using the bare metal Centos 7 guideline.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+0.4.0+with+HDP+2.5+bare-metal+install+on+Centos+7+with+MariaDB+for+Metron+REST

It has taken me a while to have all components working properly and I left the
yaf,bro,snort apps running so quite a lot of data has been generated.
Currently, I have almost 18 million events identified in Kibana. 16+ million
are yaf based, and 2+ million are snort  .... 190 events are my new squid
telemetry,  :).   It looks like it still has a while to go before it catches up
to current day.   I recently shutdown the apps.

My questions are:

1.       Is there a way to wipe all my data and indices clean so that I may now
begin with a fresh dataset?

2.       Is there a way to configure yaf so that its data is meaningful ? It is
currently  creating what looks to be test data?

3.       I have commented out the test snort rule  but it is still generating
the odd record which looks once again looks like test data. Can this be stopped
as well?

Kindest regards,
Frank