What I mean is that you should install snort, load the appropriate Snort rules for your use case, set Snort to log to a directory, and send traffic to the network interface where Snort is listening. That will produce Snort log files. Then you can push the contents of Snort logs either to Kafka using NiFi (preferred) or using Kafka utilities such as command line producer. This should be pushed to a Kafka topic called Snort where each message is a log line of the Snort file. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
James