Hi Stefan
Thanks for the quick response.
I am using Metron version 0.6.0.1.7.1.0
(https://link.getmailspring.com/link/750f1435-c1ca-4f45-b67f-3a275105c...@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=0.6.0.1.7.1.0&recipient=dXNlckBtZXRyb24uYXBhY2hlLm9yZw%3D%3D)
Here is my parser config
{
"parserClassName": "org.apache.metron.parsers.csv.CSVParser",
"filterClassName": null,
"sensorTopic": "test_syslog",
"outputTopic": null,
"errorTopic": null,
"writerClassName": null,
"errorWriterClassName": null,
"readMetadata": false,
"mergeMetadata": false,
"numWorkers": null,
"numAckers": null,
"spoutParallelism": 1,
"spoutNumTasks": 1,
"parserParallelism": 1,
"parserNumTasks": 1,
"errorWriterParallelism": 1,
"errorWriterNumTasks": 1,
"spoutConfig": {},
"securityProtocol": null,
"stormConfig": {},
"parserConfig": {
"columns": {
"Id": 0,
"Name": 1,
"Age": 2
}
},
"fieldTransformations": [],
"cacheConfig": {},
"rawMessageStrategy": "ENVELOPE",
"rawMessageStrategyConfig": {
"messageField": "data",
"readMetadata": "true",
"mergeMetadata": "true"
}
}

I have been trying to do this for a couple of days. Tried it on multiple
different parsers after studying documentation. At first I was using a parser
chaining usecase. But now I wrote a simple parser to test the problem. Set the
readMetadata and mergeMetadata fields to true just in case. It just doesn't
work.
Regards,
Mustafa Akmal

On Feb 27 2019, at 6:49 pm, Stefan Kupstaitis-Dunkler <stefan....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mustafa,
>
> can you verify if the "mergeMetaData" property in the parser json is set to
> "true".
> If this property is set to false, other fields won't be merged as meta data.
>
> If this property is not set, it should default to true for the message
> strategy "ENVELOPE".
>
> Any other behaviour is probably a bug.
>
> Also verify if you set "rawMessageStrategy" to "true" for the same reasons.
>

> Best,
>
> Stefan
>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 5:34 AM Mustafa Akmal <mustafa.ak...@abcdata.org
> (mailto:mustafa.ak...@abcdata.org)> wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am using a CSV parser. I have the following log
> > {"data": "1,john,23","AdditionField": "abcd","AdditionField2": "12345"}
> >
> > Now I have set the raw message strategy to 'ENVELOPE' and the messageField
> > to 'data'
> > However after the record is indexed in elasticsearch, the parser does parse
> > the value inside data but it does not get the additional fields as shown in
> > the original log that is 'AdditionField' and 'AdditionField2'. What am I
> > doing wrong? Can anyone help?
> > Thanks!

> > (http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient)
>
> --