Well, I realize that the console-consumer works with the—zookeeper option,
which is the “old consumer”, while it doesn’t work when I specify
–bootstrap-server, which is the “new consumer” way. So, it looks like a Kafka
issue…

From: DAVY Stephane OBS/CSO
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2019 16:45
To: 'user@metron.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Metron concept

Hello Simon,

I send just one line at a time, and the line has been validated in the Metron
UI. I see no message in the topology logs. I switched to DEBUG mode, and I can
see the following sequence again and again:

2019-04-08 16:35:50.463 o.a.k.c.c.i.AbstractCoordinator
Thread-14-kafkaSpout-executor[4 4] [DEBUG] Sending coordinator request for
group forti1_parser to broker r-petya:6667 (id: 1011 rack: /default-rack)
2019-04-08 16:35:50.463 o.a.k.c.c.i.AbstractCoordinator
Thread-14-kafkaSpout-executor[4 4] [DEBUG] Received group coordinator response
ClientResponse(receivedTimeMs=1554734150463, disconnected=false,
request=ClientRequest(expectResponse=true,
callback=org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.internals.ConsumerNetworkClient$RequestFutureCompletionHandler@35437dce,

request=RequestSend(header={api_key=10,api_version=0,correlation_id=61518,client_id=consumer-1},
 body={group_id=forti1_parser}), createdTimeMs=1554734150463,
sendTimeMs=1554734150463),
responseBody={error_code=15,coordinator={node_id=-1,host=,port=-1}})
2019-04-08 16:35:50.562 o.a.k.c.NetworkClient Thread-14-kafkaSpout-executor[4
4] [DEBUG] Sending metadata request {topics=[forti1]} to node 1011
2019-04-08 16:35:50.562 o.a.k.c.Metadata Thread-14-kafkaSpout-executor[4 4]
[DEBUG] Updated cluster metadata version 30761 to Cluster(nodes = [r-petya:6667
(id: 1011 rack: /default-rack), r-jigsaw:6667 (id: 1012 rack: /default-rack),
r-wannacry.rd.francetelecom.fr:6667 (id: 1010 rack: /default-rack)], partitions
= [Partition(topic = forti1, partition = 0, leader = 1012, replicas = [1012,],
isr = [1012,]])

Is it normal to have
“responseBody={error_code=15,coordinator={node_id=-1,host=,port=-1}})” in the
response?

Thanks,

Stéphane