From: Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:49 AM
To: user@metron.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: zeek metron-bro-plugin-kafka plugin build errors

What version of bro are you using?

On February 10, 2020 at 18:20:11, Beneduce, Kristen
(kben...@sandia.gov<mailto:kben...@sandia.gov>) wrote:
Hello,

I’m trying to configure Metron bro plugin by following instructions here:
https://github.com/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka/.

I’m unable to build the plugin. I built Zeek from source and tried using ‘zkg’
(zeek package manger) as well as manual installing the plugin. During manual
installation the flag in “./configure —bro-dist=…” is not recognized.

Any assistance you can provide much appreciated!

Thank you,
Kris

----------------------------

user@host:~/zeek/librdkafka-0.11.5#<mailto:user@host:~/zeek/librdkafka-0.11.5#>
zkg install apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka --version master
The following packages will be INSTALLED:
  zeek/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka (master)

Verify the following REQUIRED external dependencies:
(Ensure their installation on all relevant systems before proceeding):
  from zeek/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka (master):
    librdkafka ~0.11.5

Proceed? [Y/n] Y
zeek/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka asks for LIBRDKAFKA_ROOT (Path to
librdkafka installation tree) ? [/root/zeek/librdkafka-0.11.5] /usr/local/lib
Saved answers to config file: /root/.zkg/config
Running unit tests for "zeek/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka"
error: failed to run tests for zeek/apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka: package
build_command failed, see log in
/root/.zkg/logs/metron-bro-plugin-kafka-build.log
Proceed to install anyway? [N/y]

user@host:~/zeek/librdkafka-0.11.5#<mailto:user@host:~/zeek/librdkafka-0.11.5#>
less /root/.zkg/logs/metron-bro-plugin-kafka-build.log
=== STDERR ===
=== STDOUT ===
Cannot determine Bro source directory, use --bro-dist=DIR.
/root/.zkg/logs/metron-bro-plugin-kafka-build.log (END)