From: Alex Scammon <a...@alexscammon.com>
Date: Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 00:08
To: user@metron.apache.org <user@metron.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Metron's Future / Alternatives
Hey there Jack,

We were also disappointed that Metron was shuttered.  But we've seen it as an
opportunity to continue an internal project which builds on top of Metron.  Our
goal is to make our project open source as a potential successor to Metron.

We're maybe a month or two away from making it public, but we'd love some eyes
on it before we take that step if you're interested in taking a look.

Since it builds on Metron, a lot of the core architecture remains familiar.
Java, Kafka, Storm, etc....  Hopefully, that presents a familiar ecosystem for
folks who are currently using Metron.  For improvements, we focused on:
·  Ensuring that simple configuration mistakes don't bring down the whole
pipeline
·  A git-based approval workflow for rules updates (approvals and an audit
trail are important for us)
·  An improved, modern-looking UI in Angular
·  Easier installation steps
Let me know if you're interested in discussing more -- I'd be interested to
hear whether there are any particulars about the models you're running that we
should take into consideration.

Cheers,

Alex Scammon
Head of Open Source Development
G-Research
gresearch.co.uk<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgresearch.co.uk%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjroberts%40turing.ac.uk%7Cf4b382b60efa417500b708d8c7d7d0fa%7C4395f4a7e4554f958a9f1fbaef6384f9%7C0%7C0%7C637479077046081220%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=k%2FO3q4Tzankm95UvuclT8tAM0VB9v0aPUvBABsUqvmY%3D&reserved=0>

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 1:18 AM Jack Roberts