Hi Olivier,

thank you for your quick answer.
No problem...

My use case is a Jenkins job that triggers a gulp (javascript) build via
maven. This gulp build starts a closure-compiler (java) build in turn.
The JVM that performs the later compilations outputs to stderr the
contents of JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23265851/prevent-java-from-outputing-java-tool-options-to-stderr)
which makes the gulp builder assume the build failed (I also have opened
a ticket for this issue).
So I need to remove the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment property (its
there just because jenkins is configured so but its pointless for this
build)

> but I didn't see any setting in the maven-exec-plugin to just
remove an environment variable, did I miss something?
Unfortunately there is currently no way...so this means my decision was wrong ;-(...

> Are you aware of
another way to execute my scripts in an environment without
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS?
Just remove the environment variable form the configurations area...may be via a profile ?

I agree I haven't read the whole issue, I assumed fixVersion = 1.3
implied that it was fixed in the 1.3 version (IMO there are a lot of
Jira mechanisms to avoid this confusion). And the last comment 'Fixed in
....' is kind of confusing so I got tricked ^^.

Yeah so the fix things seemed to me not the right way...

My workaround was to override my Jenkins configuration for this job and
delete the environment variable there so I don't have this issue any
more but I would prefer my build to pass even when someone run it in a
different environment than mine.

> Waiting for the next release fixing
this is then acceptable.

Yes i will create a new release until commons-exec will release a new one...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise