And maybe I'm not making aspectj work.

I don't know which.

In Maven module (1), I have a whole family of classes, each of which
implements 'equals'.

I want to 'around' these, but only in Maven module (2).

So, in Maven module (2), I configure the plugin, and specify to weave
the dependency.

Sure enough, log messages like:

[DEBUG] woven class com.basistech.rosette.dm.EntityMention (from
/Users/benson/.m2/repository/com/basistech/adm-model/1.10.1-SNAPSHOT/adm-model-1.10.1-SNAPSHOT.jar)

Then I have an aspect:

package com.basistech.rosette.dm;

/**
 * See if we can't make an aspect to spy on equals ...
 */
public aspect AdmEquals {
    boolean around(Object other): execution(public boolean
BaseAttribute+.equals(..)) && args(other) {
        boolean result = proceed(other);
        if (!result) {
            System.out.println(this);
            System.out.println(other);
            System.out.println(result);
        }
        return true;
    }
}

Sadly for me, the results are no results at all. When I run a main
method of a class in module (2), no sign of the aspect in action. Is
there some initialization I need to do?