Hello,
-1 tells ssh to try protocol version 1 of ssh, that's not what you want to
do.
You want to log in as root user, so you've better use the '-l' with an 'l'
like in 'login' as the option.

Alternatively, you could do :
$ ssh root@Mcgibbney-PC

Provided Mcgibbney-PC is resolved as a hostname (try "ping Mcgibbney-PC", if
that works, you should be fine)

Hope this helps,

--
Tanguy