I don't know if you are still pursuing this, and as you haven't had any
response I will give some tips.

It sounds like your using <= Nutch 1.2, therefore unless you are comofrtable
working with JSP's then I wouldn't bother with the hastle. It might be
better to try and use Solr for indexing and searching and build an interface
such as Solr AJAX which would then permit you to write a widget to do this
task. However unless you have time and are competent and willing to learn
and use Apache Solr and Javascript then this is not an ideal solution.

I honestly have no idea how to implement this using the legacy JSP

--
*Lewis*