On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM, h b <hb6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Lewis.
> I did read these links, I mostly followed the first link and tried both the
> 3.2 and 3.3 sections. Using the bin/crawl gave me null pointer exception on
> solr, so I figured that I should first deal with getting the crawl part to
> work and then deal with solr indexing. Hence I went back to trying it
> stepwise.

You should try running the crawl using individual commands and see where
the problem is. The nutch tutorial which Lewis pointed you to had those
commands. Even peeking into the bin/crawl script would also help as it
calls the nutch commands.

> As for the second link, it is more about using HBase as store instead of
> gora. This is not really a option for me yet, cause my grid does not have
> hbase installed yet. Getting it done is not much under my control

HBase is one of the datastores supported by Apache Gora. That tutorial
speaks about how to configure Nutch (actually Gora) to use HBase as a
backend. So, its wrong to say that the tutorial was about HBase and not
Gora.

> the FAQ link is the one I had not gone through until I checked your
> response, but I do not find answers to any of my questions
> (directly/indirectly) in it.

Ok