>From the info you gave, its hard to tell. Can you look at
src/plugin/indexer-solr/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexwriter/solr/SolrIndexWriter.java
and compare. Looking at a indexing plugin which works will help you figure
if you missed something.

Also, had you added the entry for your plugin into nutch-site.xml ->
"plugin.includes" property before running ?
The default value is:

<property>
 <name>plugin.includes</name>

<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(html|tika)|index-(basic|anchor)|indexer-solr|scoring-opic|urlnormalizer-(pass|regex|basic)</value>
  <description>Regular expression naming plugin directory names to
  include.  Any plugin not matching this expression is excluded.
  In any case you need at least include the nutch-extensionpoints plugin. By
  default Nutch includes crawling just HTML and plain text via HTTP,
  and basic indexing and search plugins. In order to use HTTPS please enable
  protocol-httpclient, but be aware of possible intermittent problems with
the
  underlying commons-httpclient library.
  </description>
</property>