On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM, S.L <simpleliving...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for a great reply!
>
> Right now I have a 4 urls in my seed file with domains d1,d2,d3,d4.

> I see that when the nutch job is being run on Hadoop its only picking up
> URLs for d4, there does not seem to be any parallelism .

I would recommend you to run all phases of nutch INDIVIDUALLY and look into
the logs for the generate and fetch phases. Set log level for generate to
DEBUG.
One possible reason: All urls of host 'd4' had more score than the other
ones. This is less likely to cause this issue as your topN value is large.

> I am running the Nutch job using the following command.
>
> bin/hadoop jar
> /home/general/workspace/nutch/runtime/deploy/apache-nutch-1.8-SNAPSHOT.job
> org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl urls -dir crawldirectory -depth 1000
> -topN 30000

I am not sure but I think that the crawl command is deprecated. You might
have to use 'bin/crawl' script instead.