Hi Harsh,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:29 AM, <user-digest-h...@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> From: harsh <harsh.sha...@orkash.com>
> To: user@nutch.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:26:34 +0530
> Subject: Plugin order not working
> Hi All
> I am using nutch 2.3.1+gora+mongoDB .I have created a plugin(for testing
> only) named "parse-boiler" which set the value of "text" field as "HELLO
> PLUGIN" .While updating the conf/parse-plugin.xml ,It is observed that
> while putting the line *"<plugin id="parse-boiler" />*" before the
> tika-parser i.e.
>  <plugin id="parse-tika", plugin works although the value of "text" field
> is updated by default tika later.
>
> while putting the line *"<plugin id="parse-boiler" />*" after the
> tika-parser i.e.
>  <plugin id="parse-tika", plugin does not work.
>
> I am giving here the snapshot of parse-plugin in both cases.

</snip>

> Why this happen when changing the oder of plugins. Is something missing???

I am not sure if something is missing... however I need to ask. Have you
included your plugin within build.xml [0]?
Can you also turn on your DEBUG logging within log4j.properties [1],
recompile your project and have a look at the log to see if your plugin is
registered?
Thanks

[0] https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/2.x/src/plugin/build.xml
[1] https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/2.x/conf/log4j.properties