In April 2015 Google rolled out their mobile-friendly update
<https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2015/04/rolling-out-mobile-friendly-update.html>
which boosts the ranking of mobile-friendly pages on mobile search results.

In March 2016 they announced another update
<https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2016/03/continuing-to-make-web-more-mobile.html>
that increases the effect of mobile-friendliness.

Does Nutch support mobile-friendliness scoring ? If not, then maybe that is
something we could implement ? For instance we could evaluate the
mobile-friendliness of web pages and index the resulting score into a new
field.

I have researched libraries that we could use and the only one I found is
the W3C's MobileOK Checker which provides an online assessment tool
<https://validator.w3.org/mobile/> as well as recommendations
<https://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/> and a reference
implementation of these recommendations in Java
<https://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobileok-ref/>. It looks like the project
was last updated in 2011.

Is this something we would be interested in ? Do we know about similar
libraries to evaluate the mobile-friendliness of pages ?