From: Lewis John Mcgibbney [mailto:lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:46 PM
To: user@nutch.apache.org
Subject: [E] Re: Newbie Question, hadoop error?

Hi Sas,
See response inline :)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 5:36 AM, <user-digest-h...@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> From: "Jamal, Sarfaraz" <sarfaraz.ja...@verizonwireless.com.invalid>
> To: "'user@nutch.apache.org'" <user@nutch.apache.org>
> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:36:44 -0400
> Subject: Newbie Question, hadoop error?
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am attempting to run nutch using cygwin,

Is this Nutch 1.11 binary distribution you mean?

> and I am having the following problem:
> Ps. I added Hadoop-core to the lib folder already -
>
> I appreciate any insight or comment you guys may have -
>
> $ bin/crawl -i urls/ TestCrawl/  2
> Injecting seed URLs
> /cygdrive/c/apache-nutch-1.11/bin/nutch inject TestCrawl//crawldb
> urls/ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.commons.cli.OptionBuilder.withArgPattern(Ljava/lang/String;I)Lorg/apache/commons/cli/OptionBuilder;
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.buildGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.parseGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:370)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:153)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:138)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:59)
>        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector.main(Injector.java:369)
> Error running:
>   /cygdrive/c/apache-nutch-1.11/bin/nutch inject TestCrawl//crawldb
> urls/ Failed with exit value 1.

There are a few issues above.
1) You should change the data structures parent directory from 'TestCrawl/'
to 'TestCrawl' e.g. remove the trailing forward slash. This will prevent you
from generating the CrawlDB in 'TestCrawl//crawldb' and will generated it in
'TestCrawl/crawldb' instead.
2) The presence of NoSuchMethodError would indicate that the $NUTCH_HOME/lib
directory is not on the JVM classpath. Please make sure that it is.

Lewis