Hi Michael,

except for HBase and Solr nothing has to be deployed or installed.

On the Hadoop master node:
- build Nutch via
   ant runtime
- point NUTCH_HOME to the directory where the job file is placed
   export NUTCH_HOME=.../runtime/deploy
- run
   $NUTCH_HOME/bin/nutch ....
  the Hadoop job is then launched via "hadoop jar $NUTCH_HOME/*.job ..."
  Of course, the executable "hadoop" must be on your path, but that should
  be the case on the master node.

> Is there a good reference for Nutch2 deployment?

I do not know one, but haven't searched for.
The tutorials in the Nutch wiki need an update, esp. for distributed mode in
combination with 2.x

Best,
Sebastian