Hi Yossi,

sorry while fast-reading I've thought it's about the old LanguageIdentifier.

> it is not possible to initialize the detector in setConf and then reuse it

Could explain why? The API/interface should allow to get an instance and call
loadModels() or not?

>>> For my needs, I have modified the plugin to use
>>> com.optimaize.langdetect.LanguageDetector directly, which is what

Of course, that's also possible. Or just add a plugin
language-identifier-optimaize.

Btw., I recently had a look on various open source language identifier
implementations would prefer
langid (a port from Python/C) because it's faster and has a better precision:
  https://github.com/carrotsearch/langid-java.git
  https://github.com/saffsd/langid.c.git
  https://github.com/saffsd/langid.py.git
Of course, CLD2 (https://github.com/CLD2Owners/cld2.git) is unbeaten (but it's