Hi Markus,

I've tested in pseudo-distributed mode with Hadoop 3.2.1,
including indexing into Solr. It worked.

Could be a dependency version issue similar to that
causing NUTCH-2706. But that's only an assumption.

Since the IndexWriters.describe() is for help only,
I would just deactivate this method and open an issue to
investigate the reason. Need also to think when and where
to output the index writer options. Maybe better call
the describe() methods of the indexer plugins explicitly
via IndexingJob --help or similar.

Best,
Sebastian