Thanks for the info Sebastian.

Re: Why do you want to merge the data structures?

To help inform my crawl strategy I am trying to see what is possible and
it feels like having the ability to run concurrent crawls might get around
any limitations in the software. I am currently seeding a set of domains to
act as a foundation for my crawling and I am performing more targeted
crawls (by domain). As I discover more domains I want to crawl, I want to
see if I can kick off a new crawler while another one is in progress and
then merge the 2 later on. I expect that once I have a solid foundation
that I will probably only have a single crawler running on a single DB.