For the past few months, I have been trying to put together some technical documentation on ofbiz. I wanted the book to be detailed and accurate, but I have found it difficult to get answers to a lot of my questions on the mailing lists. I have found the whole process very tiring, and wasteful of time as I am having to spend a lot of effort working things out by looking through code. Maybe my emails are too rude? Maybe the mailing lists aren't working (what about lists for tech-user, functional-user, dev, docs)?

Eclipse BIRT have got it right. They have provided an excellent users manual (field guide) and an excellent developers guide (integrating and extending BIRT). That really ramps up your knowledge of BIRT before looking at the code. With ofbiz, I've had to pretty much dive straight into the code (and spend time weaving my way through classpath loaders, container loaders, etc, before getting to find what I needed).

Anyway, I've uploaded my scribbles if anyone finds it useful but an awful lot of work is needed to finish it off.

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/1218/ofbiz_tech.pdf

See you in a few months ...

believed to be clean.