Chris,

A renderer for javascript? Currently, the "renderer" I'm using is merely
Freemarker.

Jonathon

Chris Howe wrote:
In that case, what would be the likelihood of being able to create a
renderer for it?

--- David Goodenough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tim,

I am not at all sure what you mean by "tight coupling with the HTML".
As you never (or should never) write any HTML as part of the GWT code
this makes no sense.  Yes the GWT controls are mapped to HTML, but
you
can make your own controls quite easily, and integrate them into the
GWT framework so you are not limited to what simple HTML widgets can
do.

But I am merely a bystander when it comes to OfBiz, so it is for
others
to decide.  What I was reacting to was the thought that getting
Javascript
expertise into OfBiz might be difficult, and so doing things in Java
makes
a lot of sense.  Personally I find Javascript to be a problematic
language,
it is very powerful, almost too powerful - you can almost redefine
the language as you go along - but being interpreted and not type safe in the way that Java is makes it a much more difficult language to use well.

David