It would have to be an option specified in an attribute or something. Most of
the code that uses this expects it to be an in-line call and share the same
scope, basically running as if the code were inserted where the
call-simple-method tag is.

Changing the default behavior would break a lot of stuff, so we won't be doing
that. Adding an option to run in a separate scope is fine (the MapStack in
OFBiz used by the Screen Widget and other things is helpful for this).

-David

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
Does <call-simple-method> call a simple-method that has private scope and local variables? I gather not.

If not, is it alright to do so? I don't mind submitting the code for this.

Yes, I understand that services are the right way to go. But if it's not too much trouble, do we mind adding private scope and local variables to simple-methods called via <call-simple-method>? Any repercussions?

Jonathon