Yes, there are definitely some issues there. When I originally coded it, I
had the meaning of the two ContentAssoc.contentId/To fields reversed from
what it is now and I may not have been consistent. The logic that David
Jones came up with is that you take the parent contentId and a mapKey and
you go "to" the subcontent. It would not make sense the other way around,
since you don't need the mapKey to go to a parent. So contentId is for the
parent and contentIdTo is for the child.

If you are like me, you probably didn't know what mapKey was for :0) It is
basically so that a contentId can identify the subcontent that goes on a
page and the various mapKeys (eg. MAIN, SUMMARY, HEADER, FOOTER, etc.)
identify where they go on a page.

I don't think the current documentation will help you much. I was swamped
yesterday, but I will try to put together a list of where current examples
are. I just did a site where the CMS was used to manage content for various
pages. I think that code should go back into the project, but I need to talk
to the client to make sure it is ok and then figure out in what form it
should go in.

-Al