To download files from server, we're using the Ofbiz method
UtilHttp.streamContentToBrowser

But this function is not working properly with Internet Explorer (Tested
with IE 6.0).
I figured out, that the cache control property "Pragma" causes the error.
So, when I comment this line, the download is working with IE.

What is this property for? Can we obmit this property?

  public static void setResponseBrowserProxyNoCache(HttpServletResponse
response) {
        long nowMillis = System.currentTimeMillis();
        response.setDateHeader("Expires", nowMillis);
        response.setDateHeader("Last-Modified", nowMillis); // always
modified
        response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-store, no-cache,
must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
        response.addHeader("Cache-Control", "post-check=0, pre-check=0,
false");
        // The following line causes an error in IE
        // response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache"); // HTTP/1.0
   }

Michael