Hi all,

I know this is not probably an OFBiz related issue but I know that we have several Chinese users and maybe this can be of interest for others... I'm having issues displaying Chinese characters in the OFBiz PDF reports (invoice, order etc...) created with xsl-fo: they appear as '####'.

I did some research in the Internet and the problem seems related to the font family used that doesn't include the Chinese fonts. I have tried to set a different font-family in the template's fo:root element, but unfortunately I couldn't find a font family that supports the Chinese characters (e.g. I've tried with Arial in an Ubuntu box).

I've also found some instructions on how to generate an ad-hoc xml file with the necessary font family description, to be embedded in the pdf reports by FOP... but the steps were not very clear to me (especially, how to map them to the OFBiz framework).

Any hints on how I can solve this issue?

Thanks!

Jacopo