I was mistaken on the section of my config file I sent previously.  I
use checkLogin not login

When I go to the page:
http://yourofbiz.com/myapp/control/checkLogin/login
it instantly redirects to
https://yourofbiz.com/myapp/control/checkLogin/login

That section of controller.xml says:
    <request-map uri="checkLogin" edit="false">
        <description>Verify a user is logged in.</description>
        <security https="true" auth="false"/>
        <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.myapp.control.LoginWorker"
invoke="checkLogin" />
        <response name="success" type="view" value="main"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="login"/>
    </request-map>

It doesn't seem much different from the login section I posted
previously.  I'm still pretty new to ofbiz, but everywhere that I've
specified https="true" in that file, it redirects to https for me.  The
version of ofbiz that I'm using is from svn a couple of months ago.
There may be another file that needs editing, but I can't find anything
else that I've changed.

Mike