Hi everybody,
sorry for the long post, but please read ahead and tell me your opinion.
I have to implement a web based pos system for a restaurant.
Before start coding i will be glad to hear your opinions and advices.

First of all i decided to go web-based instead of using existing ofbiz POS
because it does not cover all my needs. In the restaurant i need:
1) To enter the registered customers for order payments.
2) To edit orders.
3) To do Returns.
4) To visualize tables, seats, to do table reservations...

I decided to do a new ofbiz component, with UI similar to pos (but html, not
swing) for easy using with touch screens, that allows order entering in a
fast way (similar to order manger but with possibility to enter orders in
lesser clicks).

Is there someone that has experience in this kind of things that can give me
some advice? Do you see any possible difficulties and drawbacks in doing a
web based pos system?

About the implementation:
The other thing that i have to care are the tables and people setting there.
For tables i can use Fixed assets, but i cannot decide how to handle/group
customer orders.
1) One way to go is to create a separate sales order for every person, so
everyone can pay only for his/her products.
Then i can group the orders for the table with a work effort. I need to
group the orders, because i need all the time to calculate the total for the
table, the total product list and the complete all the orders for the table
with one click, if needed.
Do you think that manipulating lots of orders could work fast enough,
because for example the order creation in ofbiz is heavy_weight/slower than
other operations?

2) The other way to go is to create only one order per table at a time and
to create separate ship groups for every person. This way i can assign
parties to ship groups, but it is NOT possible these parties to pay only for
their products in the ship group. Is it possible somehow? This way i have to
create, edit , complete only one order for all the people setting around a
table at moment.

(In general my questions are: is it a good idea to do a web based pos and to
manipulate lots of orders at the same time (like one order) regarding fast
working needs of a pos system ?)

Please advise and thanks in advance.
Bilgin Ibryam