Thomas,

I have been doing a bit with Dojo (http://www.dojotoolkit.org) lately and I
recommend it. I think it will be possible to integrate the XML-based screen
widget technology with that toolkit, but I don't know how soon it will be
happening.

BTW, I have been adding bits and pieces of GIS functionality to OFBiz so you
could use GeoRSS (search in JIRA for GeoRSS) to work with Google Maps or
there is the skeleton of a WFS interface in OFBiz which would allow you to
get the long/lat values from other clients such as MapBuilder.

-Al