Am I making this too complicated? I just need to understand how the OOTB
entity sync works. Nothing custom. The documentation states pretty
clearly that it does work, although my summary of the steps left out
much detail. That is what I am trying to fill in.

More simply put:
How do I make a POS terminal communicate with a store server
How do I make a store server communicate with a central server
And back down the stack from central server to POS terminal

Since my original post I have been reviewing the example
PosSyncSettings.xml file. I don't see anything in this file that
specifies a host name. So I assume the only place to tell an instance
what server to talk to is in the serviceengine.xml file.

I will also review the entity related training videos. Unfortunately I
don't have much time for learning curve on this effort.

--
Vince Clark
Global Era