Just a general thought: if better terms for things in OFBiz can be found I
think everyone will be very open to changing them.

Usually what happens, based on experience with clients, is they are actually
thinking of something different than the concept used in OFBiz and so the
change in the term causes more problems than it helps... and telling them what
it means and how it is different (usually less granular) than what they were
imagining was more effective.

-David

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Jonathon

"I'm currently attempting to document ALL of those terms...".  I am happy to
help with this because I would rather not spend gobs of hand-holding time.
I expect to go live with my first customer in about 2 months and they will
have to live with a majority of the functionality in its current state.  A
"jargon dictionary" would be very helpful to them.

I have 20 years experience with these folks and have written two accounting
applications used by hundreds of users over that time, so I "think" I have a
fair understanding of the terminolgy in the industries I have served.  It is
my experience that GL, A/P and A/R are fairly generic.  Beyond that, the
lingo begins to diverge.

If you will give me a list of the modules you haven't done yet, maybe we can
split the load and feed the result back to the community.

Skip