From: Jonathon -- Improov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:27 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Linux distro?

A couple of clients I have use 64-bit AMD machines. I recall there weren't any official Sun SDKs supporting those machines. My clients were forced to use some other non-Sun
SDKs. Not good. Lots of bizarre issues.

As for 64-bit gotchas, I wouldn't be surprised. Newer hardwares often have new problems. I try to go with mainstream models. Cluster up a few mainstream workhorses if we need
more power.

Jonathon

Skip wrote:
BJ

Thats a good idea, I would be particularly happy to hear about 64 bit
gotchas.  I seem to remember hearing about memory > 2gigs causing a
problem
with multiple CPUs and > 2gigs of memory or some such.

Skip