Hello all,

I would say that my general question is: Can ofbiz able to communicate with
3rd party application?

Here is what I'd like to do:

How would I go about my front-end ruby-on-rails application doing the
checkout payment operation? I would like to use ofbiz as a blackbox. I
explain, I send the information from the rails application that my user is
paying but not going on the ofbiz front-end pages. It could be a web
service that receives the user request and then ofbiz is doing what it has
to do in order to perform the operation.

Second interrogation, I create a product, catalog or whatever via the ofbiz
admin application. Can I execute a process such as a web service for
example that will perform an action.

My goal is to avoid modifying the core of ofbiz and adding 3rd party
applications around ofbiz that will talk to ofbiz.

Is someone has done that before? How can I do this? Is it possible?

All your suggestions are more than welcomed.

Thank you advance.