From: "Jonathon -- Improov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 9:19:10 PM (GMT-0700) America/Denver
Subject: Re: Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

Vince,

You could refactor the "password generating and checking" portions of
OFBiz into a pluggable structure, so that you can plug-in any custom
methods for password handling.

Yes, it is possible to use the same salt and same hashes in OFBiz. Just
make sure you plug-in the password handling algo that is also used in
osCommerce.

You still won't be able to know what passwords those hashes translates
to. But your users (who entered those passwords) will know those
passwords. If they enter those passwords into OFBiz, and your OFBiz has
the correct password handling plug-in, OFBiz will be able to recognize
those passwords entered.

Jonathon