Case,

As long as your OFBiz is deployed on the server you want to access, you can access OFBiz via any names that server has.

It can be 127.0.0.1 (if you're accessing from the OFBiz server itself), or whatever IP addresses the OFBiz computer has. Or even any domain names assigned to that machine.

Your question becomes more complex if you want to PREVENT users from using all names to the server except for one. Say you just want users to access OFBiz via http://public.site.ofbiz:8443/webtools .

Note that you can use some "<host>" element (IIRC) to do virtual hosts.

Jonathon

Case Torres wrote:
I know this is a real novice question.
I want to change the 127.0.0.1 to a different ip address.
So I can connect http://myipaddress:8443/webtools/contol/main.

Where do I make this happen?

I looked thru the documentation but didn't find the answer. And I looked
thru this forum's postings and it was asked in feb but there was no answer.
I tried changing 127.0.0.1 to my ip in ofbiz-containers.xml but it didn't
work.

Thank you much, Case

Case Torres
[EMAIL PROTECTED]