From: "Al Byers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2007 12:08:31 PM (GMT-0700) America/Denver
Subject: Re: CMS Path Alias

Vince,

I have worked with the path alias a little bit. It is something that Andrew
added to make the CMS one step closer to mainstream functionality. It is
used in the CmsEvents class. The idea is that the url would have a
"/<contentId>" at the end and it would display that content. I think the
pathalias is just a way to put a more intuitive value for <contentId>. There
is a much better explanation than that and hopefully you will get one. I
have not found it useful, but that is probably because I don't understand
its full potential.

The "mapKey" is an important attribute for relating subcontent to a parent
content via the ContentAssoc entity. The idea is that you may have a
newspaper-like screen layout with sections named "main", "leftsidebar", etc.
The mainpage would have a static contentId and there would be multiple
subcontents linking to the "main" section via the mapKey value in
ContentAssoc. The page would display the one that is current using the
ContentAssoc.from/thruDate fields.

-Al