<entity-one entity-name="MasterIncentive" value-name="masterIncentive"/>
<if-empty field-name="masterIncentive">
    <make-value entity-name="MasterIncentive" value-name="newEntity"/>
    <set-nonpk-fields map-name="parameters" value-name="newEntity"/>
    <set-pk-fields map-name="parameters" value-name="newEntity"/>
    <!-- Create the newEntity and if primary key is required back in result,
can be set in result here as well-->
 <else>
     <!-- Your error message here if the incentive Code already exists -->
 </else>
</if-empty>

I hope this will solve your issue.
If I remember correct now a days <set> tag is used instead of
field-to-field.