Check out the "semaphore" attribute on the service element/tag in the service def XML file. In other words, you just specify how it should behave on the service definition.

-David

On Mar 10, 2008, at 8:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Can you point me to the entity name or how to call the service start?
Doesn't make much sense writing something new that already exists.

Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: David E Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 6:38 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Service Synchronization

This feature already exists in the Service Engine, BTW.

-David

On Mar 10, 2008, at 6:37 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a few services that take from 4 to 8 hours to complete with
the large data sets I am dealing with.  I want to synchronize those
services so it is impossible to start them if they are already
running.  My plan is to create a new entity to hold the service
name, start time, stop time, etc and have the service read the
entity record to see if it is already running.

However, I know that entity records are frequently cached.  Is there
a setting in the entity definition to never cache or some easy
method to force the cache for the entity to clear?

Skip

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3/5/2008 9:50 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.