Hi Heidi,

Following steps can be used to determine if the product is in stock or not:

1) productType != SERVICE Or DIGITAL_GOOD
2) product.requireInventory = Y or empty, and if empty then
productStore.requireInventory = Y or empty, or we can say both of them must
not equals N
3) Check for Toat ATP (availableToPromise) in the InventoryItem for that
product (there can be more than one InventoryItems for a product).  If it
comes out to be less than or equal to ZERO than product is out of stock,
else it is in stock.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak