I'm using MySQL. (I can't afford Oracle!) What confuses me most is that this is happening with the second page, but not the first.

--NCH

On 30 Mar 2008, at 6:00 PM, David E Jones wrote:

Nathan,

Just a wild guess: are using Oracle for your database?

If so this is an issue that was reported a few months ago with a new version of Oracle and the JDBC driver from Oracle. No one has submitted a patch to correct it yet though. This may not be too complicated, like making sure all Strings going to the JDBC driver for date/time fields are converted to Timestamp objects before being sent over so that we don't rely on the JDBC driver to pass the correct data to the database. I heard that this a known/reported bug in the Oracle JDBC drivers that others have complained about too (ie not just in the OFBiz world), but I have not had a chance to personally look into this.

BTW, in terms of databases a large or significant number is usually in the tens or hundreds of thousands before it has a significant impact on query performance or anything else, and in those cases it's just slow (because of table scans etc, if indexing is done to improve things the problems can usually be fixed).

-David