I just wanted to report that this worked pretty good.

I did have to remove the ServerHits and Visitor related xml files since this huge amount of data was killing the import process, but after I moved these xml files out of the way, things took 2 minutes and I am up and running in mysql.

Very impressed! I need to incorporate this type of import/export in all my apps cause data migrations are a pain!