My Postgres database is showing quit a few idle connections even though all
transactions are either rolled back or comitted. Typically, I'll gain 30
connections a day. I've changed the tcp_keepalives in postgresql.conf and I'll
check it in the morning to see if it helps. Hopefully it will and I'll have
good news. It is becoming a pain for me too.

Rick

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: In relation to my "Unable to
acquire a new connection from the pool" issue,
I did some research and came across this post:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=pool-maxsize#query:pool-maxsize+page:1+mid:3su
e3hzoyfi43rp6+state:results

"I've tested with the two connection factory classes (minerva and dbcp) on
mysql and oracle databases. With minerva, no problem occured. With DBCP, the
limit of pool-maxsize value from the datasource is not respected and the
connections increase until reaching the connections max value defined on the
database. The db-connections are not correctly removed too.

Regards.

Michael. "

I have recently had lots of trouble with DBCP and am wondering if anyone is
using it in production with Postgres?

Skip
Checked by AVG.
1:08 PM