I created a customer - (role is customer)
I created a 'New Security Group' - Test_Group
Added permission - [OFBTOOLS_VIEW]  & [PARTYMGR_ADMIN]
Added the above created customer in the user logins tab.
I logged out of admin and was successfully able to login as the above
created customer and able to access partymagr component.

I can do the same operations even though the person has no roles.

My question is what does the role 'Customer' used for?

Are there any permissions associated with the roles?  If yes, where do I
find them?

Is there any mapping b/w the role and permission group?