We could put it on the wiki and just refer to the URL in PosSyncSettings.xml.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2008 11:21:21 AM (GMT-0700) America/Denver
Subject: Re: Problems while PUSH and PULL entity sync process in POS

I had no time to review completly yet; but I even wonder if we should not put
it in trunk.
I will review and let you know. Anyway as a page in Wiki will be good

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Vince,
>
> Please put in a new page under the POS page
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Vince M. Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Sure. Any suggestion on where I should put it?

>>> 2. In startofbiz.sh/bat set RMIIF to localhost (uncomment the line.)
>>> 3. Create empty ofbiz database and populate with seed data (ant
>>> run-install-seed). Note that for testing/learning you can load
>>> demo data as well. For a production environment you will need to only load
>>> seed, then do all of your organization specific setup
>>> such as accounting, facilities, stores, etc.
>>> 4. framework/service/config/serviceengine.xml - enity-sync-rmi set to MCS.
>>> 5. Start POS terminal in standard mode (web interface)
>>> 6. Load EntitySync record for PULL on MCS.
>>> 7. Load XML on POS terminal to trigger PULL sync
>>> 8. Load EntitySync PUSH on POS terminal.
>>> 9. When pull is finished, load XML to trigger PUSH
>>> 10. Shutdown OfBiz on POS terminal
> [...]
>>> <!-- org.ofbiz.party.party may be needed for certain promotions -->
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.party.party" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.pos.PosTerminal" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.product.storage" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.product.store" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.accounting.tax" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.security.login" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.security.securitygroup"
>>> applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.party.contact" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5501"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.product.inventory" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>>
>>> <!-- POS->MCS Per Store Server to Central Server -->
>>> <EntityGroup entityGroupId="5506" entityGroupName="POS: Per Store Server to
>>> Central Server"/>
>>> <!-- org.ofbiz.party.party may be needed for order related information,
>>> like party roles or contact info etc -->
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.party.party" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.party.contact" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <!-- all order and related information, including payment, etc info -->
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506" entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.order"
>>> applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.accounting.invoice" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.accounting.payment" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <!-- include inventory and issuance info -->
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.shipment.issuance" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.product.inventory" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.pos.PosTerminalLog" applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.pos.PosTerminalState"
>>> applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>> <!-- include POS transactions -->
>>> <EntityGroupEntry entityGroupId="5506"
>>> entityOrPackage="org.ofbiz.pos.PosTerminalInternTx"
>>> applEnumId="ESIA_INCLUDE"/>
>>>

>>> <!-- Some examples of EntitySync settings for pulling and pushing data
>>> around -->
>>> <!-- POS example meant to be used for pushing data from POS to MCS -->
>>> <EntitySync entitySyncId="POSPUSH" runStatusId="ESR_NOT_STARTED"
>>> targetServiceName="remoteStoreEntitySyncDataRmi"
>>> keepRemoveInfoHours="24" forPushOnly="Y"/>
>>> <EntitySyncIncludeGroup entitySyncId="POSPUSH" entityGroupId="5506"/>
>>>
>>> <!-- POS example meant to be used for pulling data from MCS to POS -->
>>> <!-- NOTE: for pulling setup the EntitySync record lives on the server the
>>> data is pulled from and should ONLY BE USED FOR ONE
>>> CLIENT! -->
>>> <EntitySync entitySyncId="<POS Terminal ID>" runStatusId="ESR_NOT_STARTED"
>>> syncSplitMillis="600000"
>>> keepRemoveInfoHours="24" forPullOnly="Y"/>
>>> <EntitySyncIncludeGroup entitySyncId="<POS Terminal ID>"
>>> entityGroupId="5501"/>
>>>
>>> <!-- POS Push Scheduled Service -->
>>> <!--
>>> <RecurrenceRule recurrenceRuleId="POSPUSH" untilDateTime=""
>>> frequency="MINUTELY" intervalNumber="5" countNumber="-1"/>
>>> <RecurrenceInfo recurrenceInfoId="POSPUSH" startDateTime="2000-01-01
>>> 00:00:00.000" recurrenceRuleId="POSPUSH"
>>> recurrenceCount="0"/>
>>> <RuntimeData runtimeDataId="POSPUSH">
>>> <runtimeInfo><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <ofbiz-ser>
>>> <map-HashMap>
>>> <map-Entry>
>>> <map-Key>
>>> <std-String value="entitySyncId"/>
>>> </map-Key>
>>> <map-Value>
>>> <std-String value="POSPUSH"/>
>>> </map-Value>
>>> </map-Entry>
>>> </map-HashMap>
>>> </ofbiz-ser>
>>> ]]></runtimeInfo>
>>> </RuntimeData>
>>> <JobSandbox jobId="POSPUSH" jobName="Push POS Data" runtimeDataId="POSPUSH"
>>> runTime="2000-01-01 00:00:00.000"
>>> serviceName="runEntitySync" poolId="pool" runAsUser="system"
>>> recurrenceInfoId="POSPUSH"/>
>>> -->
>>>
>>> <!-- POSPULL Scheduled Service -->
>>> <RecurrenceRule recurrenceRuleId="POSPULL" untilDateTime=""
>>> frequency="HOURLY" intervalNumber="2" countNumber="-1"/>
>>> <RecurrenceInfo recurrenceInfoId="POSPULL" startDateTime="2000-01-01
>>> 00:15:00.000" recurrenceRuleId="POSPULL"
>>> recurrenceCount="0"/>
>>> <RuntimeData runtimeDataId="POSPULL">
>>> <runtimeInfo><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <ofbiz-ser>
>>> <map-HashMap>
>>> <map-Entry>
>>> <map-Key>
>>> <std-String value="entitySyncId"/>
>>> </map-Key>
>>> <map-Value>
>>> <std-String value="<POS Terminal ID>"/>
>>> </map-Value>
>>> </map-Entry>
>>> <map-Entry>
>>> <map-Key>
>>> <std-String value="remotePullAndReportEntitySyncDataName"/>
>>> </map-Key>
>>> <map-Value>
>>> <std-String value="remotePullAndReportEntitySyncDataRmi"/>
>>> </map-Value>
>>> </map-Entry>
>>> </map-HashMap>
>>> </ofbiz-ser>
>>> ]]></runtimeInfo>
>>> </RuntimeData>
>>> <JobSandbox jobId="POSPULL" jobName="Pull Data from MCS"
>>> runtimeDataId="POSPULL" runTime="2000-01-01 00:00:00.000"
>>> serviceName="runPullEntitySync" poolId="pool" runAsUser="system"