In general they are similar, you have to look at the code of ofbiz to see how
each one is done.
The field orderTypeId, for example, in order sales is set to SALES_ORDER
while in purchase order is set to
PURCHASE_ORDER.

see this:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/applications/order/src/org/ofbiz/order/test/