Some other bad cases :
* # and ^ in {code} blocks. Of course we need to keelp \* \# and \^ in standard
text (not formated blocks)
These are delicate issue to fix since if it's false the code means no longer anything (think about rewrite rules for instance). Fortunately, most of the time it's not too hard to figure it out even when it's false.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi Sumit, All,

It's great to see people involved in free documenting as it's a critical
resource for others without much reward to writers. So I
thank you for your last contribution in FAQ.

But please take into account that the Confluence version we are using is buggy
when it comes to edit in Rich Text mode.
For instance
. it adds // (new line) at end of formatted blocks like {code} or {warning},
etc.
. it also replaces spaces by &nbsp; in such blocks resulting in unreadable code
lines
. there are some more...

Have a look at
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/diffpages.action?pageId=5361&originalId=5358 and
you will see what I mean.

It's not a big deal to come after to clean things (though replace // is
annoying as you have also to get rid off added lines where
// were put by Confluence, else you end up with totally blank browser pages
full of blank lines...) but so far I have to face this
alone.
I know now that I should have better created a page for Table of Content (ToC)
and pages for contents. But it's also easier to
deal
with a sole page with all in it (small snippets only, else I create pages and
attachments). Sometimes also people add pages there
but without references in ToC, resulting in a less usable information.

So please don't take this personnaly as there have been a lot cases before I
decided to write this message. It though that by
writing a Warning in top of the page I will get rid of these drawbacks. But as
ever docs are not read (even by doc writers ;o),
they
are used only when you face a problem, hence the famous RTFM.

As a side note, Wiki Markup is really easy to use and without any disadvantages.

One more time, thanks Sumit (and others, you are welcome) for your help. Also
it's weird, but everytime I clean the page from
Confluence garbage, I find some points to improv. This is the positive aspect
(I'm an hopelessy optimistic guy ;o)

Sorry for the long post, I had to write it