Hello all!

I'll get right to it.

Scenario:
1) I have a pre-built, no-ofbiz webapp built using a separate MVC framework
(Spring, struts, etc)
2)  This app needs an ecommerce solutio.  So in this non-ofbiz webapp, a
user can add a bunch of items to a shopping cart , and click "buy" and have
ofbiz handle the rest.  Now, the products may be added to OFBiz using one of
the out-of-the-box applications,  but the user should browse the product
catalog and buy shopping cart items from the external webapp.

Ideal solution:
1) Expose ofbiz's out-of-box order processing application via
RMI/SOAP/some-other-remoting-technology .  Essentially I want to staple
ofbiz's shopping cart and order processing parts onto the side of this other
application. Another user described a similiar scenario in another post:
http://www.nabble.com/using-ofbiz-as-an-authentication-store-for-a-webapp--to15424697.html#a15442073.

I've semi-disqualified SOAP at this point.  Since OfBiz integrates with Axis
at an API level, this would require me to go in and modify a number of OfBiz
classes so that they emit proper XML (for WSDLs and whatnot) since only
simple types are support out of box  Feels like a less that optimal
approach.

So now, I'm looking into RMI, but I want to make sure I'm doing  things in a
way that makes sense and that lines up with any current de facto Best
Practices.

Right now, I'm thinking of:
 (a) going into the services xml files under the "order" application and
 (b) then exposing order and shopping cart services by setting
"export=true".

Is this approach workable?  Anyone have any experience or sample code for
doing this?

Another theorhetical approach would be to essentially include all the ofbiz
jar files inside my WEB-INF/lib directory and then just import the necessary
ofbiz classes into my webapp classes.  Now I know this *specific* approach
is not compatible with OFBiz since OFBiz expects a certain directory
structure, but I was wondering if the *concept* of "embedding" ofbiz
application in a "standard" webapp in some manner is (a) possible and (b)
exactly how should one approach it?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
-DeAngelo Lampkin