Why not create data in files like in DemoProductCategoriesI18nData.xml or
DemoProductI18nData.xml ?

Jacques

From: "madppiper" <p...@mutschler.ch>

Hmm, yeah :)

Both files make a good read - thx!
I think that as for the categories, I will probably just create an entity of
my own (with productCategoryId, locale, name, description and imageUrl) and
rework the Sidedeepcategory,categorydetail and breadcrumbs ftl files. Later
in the process I am urged to create a new set of "wizzards" for the creation
and editing of new categories anyway, so i got the feeling that this may
actually be easier than to mess with the cms. Especially since I am using
Magnolia for the real content anyway...

It is a bummer though, looking at the logic behind the ofbiz cms, i can
clearly see that everything is in place just fine - the structure is really
well done and makes a whole lotta sense. It's just that as for categories
and/or products, I don't really want to hussle with so many screens to go
through... If it takes me more than 5min to create a product in
multilanguages, I doubt that I can find coworkers who would even touch it at
all... so perhaps it is best to do the workaround as i intend it for now...
which reminds me, perhaps it would make more sense to auto-create the
DataResources and Assocs when using the catalog/create button?!