I am looking to use the existing subscriptions functionality as a starting
point for handling magazine orders and need some clarity in two areas:
1) Duration of subscriptions. The example product, GZ-NEWS-1MO suggests that
the product itself has something to do with the duration of the subscription.
Is this correct? The subscription record has a start and end date and I would
expect this to control the duration.
2) Recurrence. I have seen posts on the ML about using re-order shopping lists
to create a new order for each issue of a subscription. How would this work if
it were paid upfront? Would you accept a customer payment for the full amount
and then apply it each time an order was generated? I make the assumption here
that an order is not created for the entire duration. One order would be
generated for each issue until the subscription period ended.