From: BJ Freeman [mailto:bjf...@free-man.net]
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 1:32 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: Importing data: best tools with CSV, XML

simpler is subjective.:D
if the xml is in entity format then you can use the
webtool import screen. Either the file or copy and paste into the
textarea.

for CSV i suggest having it tab delimited instead of comma. it only
matters when there is a lot of " in the file and it has not been
escaped, like in the description.

the Datafile is the best way to convert a CSV into entities.
I have one import file that took 12 table definitions to created the
entity files to import through the webtools.

Not all the data can be imported this way. things like images,
categories need to be done by code, using the table defs you created for
the datafile import.

the other option is to hook up your legacy db to ofbiz create the
entities thru the webtools then write some code to import into ofbiz.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data

Dan Dodd sent the following on 6/8/2009 9:19 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation